Katie is currently teaching Restorative Yoga at:
Providence Power Yoga 51 Bassett St. Providence Wednesday Nights- 7:30-8:30
I believe that we are capable of connecting our physical, energetic and emotional bodies. I also believe that we can learn to let go of negative tension stored in the body by bringing awareness to the places in which we store it. Awareness is cultivated by using the breath as an anchor and guide, to assist in charting the body with curiosity, openness and forgiveness. Through this practice we learn to peel back the layers of self, bringing us closer to our true-selves; made of lightness and grace. Restorative yoga is a practice that can facilitate this connection while being accessible to all bodies and abilities.
In my restorative yoga classes, I offer a slow flow that leads to a series of restorative postures. In this practice your body is supported and grounded by props. I will guide you through postures that will allow your physical body to release, revealing the tension that may lay deeper within. Join me on this journey of creating space and letting go.
To read more about the benefits of restorative yoga, please visit:
Katie is a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. Further accreditations and trainings:
- Guest Student, San Francisco Zen Center, Muir Beach, California, 2006
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor, Yandara Yoga Institute, Baja, Mexico, 2007 www.yandara.com
- Sun Salutations Intensive Workshop with Vivekan of Bodhisattva Yoga, NYC, All That Matters, Wakefield, RI, 2008 www.allthatmatters.com
- Restorative Yoga Training, two day workshop with Jillian Pransky, All That Matters, Wakefield, RI, 2012 www.yogajillian.com
- Certified Children's Yoga Instructor, Karma Kids Yoga, NYC, via Om Kids Yoga Center, Pawtucket, RI, 2013 www.karmakidsyoga.com
- Minimal Props Restorative Training with Jillian Pransky, Kaia Yoga, Westport, CT, 2013
- Theory and Practice of Restorative Yoga workshop with Judith Lasater, Piedmont Yoga, Oakland, CA, 2013 www.piedmontyoga.com
Small Friends Yoga (toddlers-Pre K) is an art and yoga-based child care program. My intention is to provide a structured day with a literacy focus that serves as a platform for art and yoga projects. These projects are developed with the creation of a larger curriculum in mind, as I complete my Masters in Teaching Art Education at Rhode Island College.
For more information, please email me.
- BA Art Studio, University of Rhode Island, 2003
- BA Art History, University of Rhode Island, 2006
- MAT- Art Education, Rhode Island College, 2015
Paper Politics is an internationally traveling political print exhibition. PM Press of Oakland, CA, published a book chronicling the exhibition in 2009. I am humbled to be a part of this project. www.pmpress.org